I am a 33 year old single father with custody of my 11 year old daughter and we live in Michigan. I am not sure where you are located but of course the economy is really bad. In Michigan especially where i live the economy is the way bad. To give you an idea of how bad the economy is it seems like each and every week places are shutting down, it seems l8ike there are more and more people collecting unemployment. seems like everyone you talk to if you ask them where do they work they will tell you I collect unemployment. What ever the case I think being unemployed and doing nothing about it is one thing and a person of this nature simply does not care. Me on the other hand I care and that is why I sent out at least 200 resumes a week. When I run out of places to fax, email, on line applications, turn in in person, go through the phone book and cal all kinds of places and find some that are hiring and fax them resumes. To give you an idea before I sat down to write this letter I sat down and called 56 places. out of those 56 places I was able to find 9 places that either are hiring or that may be hiring. what ever the case my hard work pays off. I do get interviews but allot of other people also get interviews so as a result your chances are much harder then others. Last week I actually had a interview which this position is actually a part time position. The sad part is the position is part time and only pays $8.00 per hour. The even worse news is the actual place is 67 miles away. The funny thing is I was offered to come into a Orientation which is this Saturday and lasts 7 hours with no pay. at that point they will tell you if you are hired and then you can start. I am pretty sure I will get the job, but I am also pretty sure because of the distance, pay and the fact that it is 27 hours that is not much. for simply 27 hours of work at $8.00 is only $216. take the taxes away from that and the gas to go back and forth and you are actually looking at about $125 a week. I also have a company that wants me to come in and see what they have to offer, meet the other employees, and job shadow for a while to see if thats something i would like. This job is also 67 miles away and also is part time with 25 hours per week and it only has $9.00 per hour pay. On top of having taxes and paying for gas because i have custody of my daughter I have someone to watch my daughter while im gone and actually have someone which is a naibor and is really cheap but I still have to pay them 15 dollars a day. in the end I wonder how much I will have left over. what ever the case i have to have something coming in and hope that I can also find a normal full time hourly paying job. I also have been offered a position with a company which is called TMG. they are a credit card possessing company which what the job is gong to pre set appointments and trying to sell them a better price and get them signed on to your company. I actually started this today and actually went to 4 different businesses. the first one the guy simply wanted what we would offer him and as far as him giving us any information as to the service rates he is currently on he refused. Basically that was not a sale. The 2nd one actually was a company that i did not sell today I may sell on Monday but he wanted to think it over, well see!. The next company the manager or owner was not even there, and the next company the guy did not even take credit card payments, he is 77 years old, and is retired and just puts around in his shop. so for the most part i simply used up gas. Kn ow like I mentioned before I could simply send a few resumes out a week and hope they call me Or i can keep on pushing and maybe a good full time job will come from all my hard work. A matter a fact it is my plan to do at least 50 resumes to either fax, email, on line applications this weekend alone. There is more people out there that receive my resume and sooner or later someone will call. I just have to keep trying and keep positive and hope that something breaks here.
As far as the struggles of getting a job of course i have many. I can allow it to bother me and be all depressed. of course that is something I could be. The problem with that is the mere fact that If i am depressed it will show and when i do go to interviews it will also show and could cost me a job. Because of that i try and stay very positive. I also have a daughter and try to stay positive for her. Of course I worry and sometimes I worry allot. But I still have to try my hardest to get a job and keep trying. To give you an idea of how many resumes I actually send out because I am actually requesting money from you I want you to be able to see how much I am actually trying. Bellow is my email stuff to show how much i send out just from there. I could not cut and paste the resumes or my sent mail so I just counted and since 9/14/2009 at 8:23 P.M. I have actually emailed 567 resumes. I counted these just for you, again I have to keep positive and keep on trying.
Other then looking for a job day in and day out, I am also doing something to better my self. I attend the University Of Phoenix. I actually only have one class to go which starts on the 3rd and lasts 5 weeks. at that point i simply have 9 credits and i have completed my BA in Criminal justice. The problem is I am actually out of financial aid and because of that I have to actually take three tests and test out of the classes and i am graduated. These tests are called clepping or clep tests. basically you study and take the test and if you pass it they give you the credits you would have earned. I have three of these tests to take and I am done with my BA in Criminal justice. At tax time I plan to not only take a preparation course for the LSAT test, but also take the LSAT test. This test if i score high enough will get me into law school. I am sure i will pass this test and i plan to go on to law school
I am very driven, I push my self very hard the problem is the economy is very bad so its hard to do everything want to do so i simply have to do what I can. I know one thing I am sending out more resumes then most, I am going to school, I am a single father with custody of my daughter and I am trying the hardest I can.
I actually have 4 requests of you and will break down each request one by one and also explain why I am requesting this request of you.
Request one. --------- It is obvious that I am applying for allot of jobs and I work very hard at this. My rest is actually paid up until December 1ST. Other then that I have electric, phone, cable and Internet. What I would like to do is pay the current bills. Even though the rent is not due until December 1ST I would like to pay a months of rent that way it gives me another month in order to land a job. That would help a great deal. My cable, Internet, and phone are on the same bill and actually are about to get shut off the Internet is important because that is how I do my college. The amount of this bill is $286.58. by the way the cost of my rent is $600. I also owe on my electric bill which is $200 that too I should have a shut off notice for soon. Lastly I currently owe $140 on the car insurance. Thats about to be canceled and then I will be prevented to drive and look for work. Until I have that taken care of I will have to do everything from home. I think I might be able to come up with the insurance money but it would be great to get that help for that so I can open up more money to continue to look for work. Its not cheap with gas, stamps to mail resumes, and laundry to keep these dress close for these interviews clean. Basically I want help to pay these bills so I can continue to live where we live not get evicted and hopefully that will be enough time along with my hard work to land a job.
Request two -------- Like I mentioned I have three classes in order to take the CLEP tests to test out of and that way I will have completed my BA in Criminal justice. This will open the door for other possible positions because at that point I also have a degree. The cost in order to take all of these tests, order the study guides is $425 dollars. I think this explains why its important to take these tests and have a degree. Passing these tests will also allow me to continue my education as well.
Request three -----Me and my grandparents are very close. Me and my mother on the other hand are not close at all and do not even get along. I have two other brothers and none of them like or get along with my mother as well. Sadly she has a husband which has allot of money and she is down right a very nasty lady. To give an example of how nasty she is all three kids have restraining orders against her. Sad part she does not drink, nor do drugs she is just a nasty bad lady. 2 years ago my grandpa went to the nursing home due to asiemers as well as cancer. Up until 6 months ago my grandma lived in there home, drive and saw him daily, did all her own grocery shopping, and took care of her self. She then had to have her knee replaced so she did that. Prior to this my became there power of attorney and was in charge of there bills etc. When she had her knee replaced she had only had a problem with her knee. My grandma is 83 years old and for the most part has her whits and remembers everything, of course there are times she forgets or gets confused but who doesn't at that age. Anyways after the knee replacement she was to go to the nursing home and only be there for rehab. Little did anyone know my mom actually set her up to stay and she has been there ever since. Know one thing to remember also my mom does not even live any where close. She actually lives 500 Plus mies away. My mom kept telling my grama she would be going home soon and that went on for a while. Not long after only a few week s my mom had put her house up for sale, and since the house was actually foreclosed on. Know this is a house my grandma actually had paid off three total times. Two of the times they re financed it was due to her needing money years ago. The rd time was my moms doing to pay off some credit card debt as well as the car. Everything my grandma owned was simply donated. She has nothing less and there she sits in the nursing home. Know if you remember my mom lives 500 miles away. She never comes to visit my grandparents, when her and my grandma talk it is a bunch of lies, and actually at this point my grandma is so mad at her own daughter ( my mom ) she does not even want to see her. My grandma has a son which lives in this same town he comes to the nursing home about ounce a month. I on the other hand live 2 blocks away from the nursing home so I see her daily,. At one point because of all the games my mom has played my grandma would not eat and they actually where thinking about a feeding tube and I actually by cooking meals for my grandma, being with her at meal times got her to not only eat but also she gained 26 pounds back. I grew up watching the Andy Griffith show with my grandma so at least 2 times a week I make it a point to actually go and watch that with her. Things like that makes her day and the mere fact I come see her makes my day. 3 weeks ago I went into the nursing home and actually before I got in the door too far I learned that my grandpa had passes away. I went and saw my grandma however she was sleeping, my uncle was waiting in the lobby we talked a minute but my mom had been on her way. Know granted she had not been there in 5 months. The minute my mom walked in she told the nursing staff she has Power of attorney and I was no longer able to come and see my grandma. Since then I have talked to the nursing home, they actually had a meeting with them , my mom, and my self to try and come up with an agreement and she simply said I do not want for you to come here any more and thats all, she never gave a reason. Anyways since this date I have not seen my grandma at all, when I call they say they will have her call but they think that a power of attorney gives my mom the right to have this power. The sad part is the power of attorney actually does not do such a thing but for what ever reason my mom has made this rule and the nursing home is upholding her wishes. I have since went and met with an attorney, he actually called the nursing home and they agreed I have not done anything bad there ever, they simply said my mom has the power of attorney. I abvouslly can not afford an attorney so since this date I have gotten the paper work to be able to go for guardianship of my grandma. There is actually a form that the doctor must fill out which has been sent to him, I am waiting on that in order to continue this. On the other hand my grandma cries because my mom has done this daily, she is not eating very well again, and the good news is my girl friend works at that nursing home, my daughter can go see her so they help her eat. Anyways the total cost in order to fight this on my own is $350 so I am requesting the $350 for this purpose. My grandma knows what I am planning to do and actually is and wants me to be her guardian. I think I can look out for her best interest much better. 11 different employeed have agreed to testify on my behalf in regards to being my grandmas guerdian, my grandmas brother also will be at court and testify. He has been to the nursing home a few times and has only heard very good reports in regards to me being there for my grandma. This should be a very good help.
Request 4 ----- Because of all the financial troubles and my hard ork I would simply like $300 for christmas. Thats all. It would help a great deal to have this. I am sure this explains everything.
As far as my jobs and income
As I already metnioened I started that job with the credit car processing today. I did not actually sell anything but plan to give it atleast 10 more apointments to see if I make a sale. If I do make a sale this will give me income. I plan to go Tommorrow saterday for that oriantation and figure ill have that job. Granted its part time but its some income.Monday I plan to go down to the wellfare office and apply fior Fincancial asistance. It takes 30 days or so to get that but atleast thjey will put me in a program that helps me get a job as well as gives me some cash. Tuesday I plan to do that other job shaddow and I might get a job offer from that. In the mean time I plan to send as many resumes oyut as I can. Attend as many interviews as I can, and get me a full time job. I also donate Plazma to help with gas because when you dont have income. In the event the government officials come to an agreement with the unemployment I will get a 13 week extension and will receive $464 every two weeks there. I really am trying.
I want to thank you for reading everything I have typed and I hope that you are able to help.
Yours Truly,
Eric
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment